Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Things I know for sure...part 2

I'm a few days late but nevertheless, happy new year!  This is my first post for 2012 and I'm quite excited to continue with my blogging adventures. Speaking of blogs, my good friend, Teresa, has started up a hilarious blog! Go check it out at:  adventuresoflivingwithmyhushand.blogspot.com

Just a brief update: 2012 has been great so far! I'm feeling very blessed and positive. Happy and excited for what's to come :)  Ok, and now for my topic...


Things I know for sure (part 2)...Everything happens for a reason & at the exact time they should happen. Sure everyone has heard this saying about a million times and have probably even uttered these words about a bazillion times. The reason for it is because it's so true and I'm convinced more of its certainty every day that passes.  

With every event that occurs in our lives, we sometimes have a difficult time in understanding why it happened, usually we question this when the event had a negative outcome. Perhaps a death in the family, something didn't go according to plan, etc., and we question it until we are blue in the face, and in many times blame God/Nature/Karma (whatever you believe in) for that occurrence. It isn't until much later that we realize the true reasoning behind it. Unfortunately, for some people they never realize it because they lack the maturity and open mindedness to see the positive of things. For the sake of examples, lets take a death in the family. Yes, it does hurt like crazy and we wonder why that person had to go, especially if they are of a young age or of a terrible disease. We wonder, "why them?" Now I can't sit here and tell you the exact reason, but I firmly believe that person left this world because they were needed elsewhere. Sorry if I get a bit spiritual here but it's just how I deal with that situation. Perhaps a bigger force (or in my life, God) needed that person more...perhaps they need some seriously qualified angels up in heaven!  Another scenario we can question is why people come in and out of our lives, such as friends. Once again, because it was meant for that person to serve its purpose and that's it. We all learn from each other and we may have learned from them how to avoid being a shitty friend and other valuable lessons.

For all of the things that have taken place in the course of my 30.5 years, I'm grateful for all of them because each has served its purpose and have taught me great lessons. Some took me quite some time to figure out but I got there! (and I haven't made those mistakes again). When people suddenly leave, let it go, and learn. If they have passed, pray for them and their families.  If a friend is no longer part of your life, pray for them and wish them well (yes, even if they do suck at life). 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment